You know you're out of shape when you easily pant, suffer knee inflammations at a rated 3/9 minor trek and finish a 2hour climb/descent more than the projected. Then again the latter is debatable and panting is expected when you do Mt. Maculot..
Mt. Maculot Redux. I was invited by couples Gian and Leo to join them do Maculot. My wife was then forced to get herself some clothing and gear to abide by my invitation to drag her with me. So it was the 4 of us.
We took the same route when I first did Maculot with only a few differences.
- 3am-4:30am - Bus at Cubao Araneta - Old Puregold area. To Batangas, Tambo Exit. (P132x2)
- 4:30am-5:15am - Tapsi at Tessies Goto - Tambo Exit. (P60x2)
- 5:15am-5:45am - Jeep to Cuenca - (P20x2)
- 5:45am-5:55am - Tricycle to Jump off, passed by Barangay Registration. (P20x2 + P10x2 Environmental Fee)
- 6:15am-9:05am - Trek to Campsite, rest then off to the Rockies.
- Lunch at the Rockies.
- A Cold Refreshing Sprite care of the 711 at the Campsite (P35x2)
- 12:45 Descent.